Thursday, January 15, 2015

Crowdfunding Campaign on for LGBT-friendly short film



It's with great humility that earlier this week I launched a crowdfunding campaign to support marketing and distribution of my LGBT-friendly short film Goldie 48 hour film. The short was shot and edited for the Sacramento International Film Festival 48-hour competition where it won "audience choice." Director Matthew Gilliam lovingly reedited it, then Brandon Oreno scored it and now we want your help submitting it to film festivals and marketing it's digital release.

I'll be honest, I agonized over whether the campaign would flop. We're wired to be afraid to ask for money, but rather than being governed by fear I choose to trust in the law of abundance. As author Keith Ferrazzi suggests in his book "Never Eat Alone"rather than thinking of support as something one uses up, think of it as something that grows as you earn it by doing good work and supporting others. 



My primary goal remains moving my feature length script Pink forward, but I think supporting, marketing and attending festivals in support of Pink will set me on the path. Pink is based on Sacramento 1969 "bottomless" stripper trial. 

No comments:

Post a Comment